Facilities Assistant/ Cleaner
Short Term Contract
5 hours per week Saturdays 9.30am-2.30pm with overtime available.
Rate of pay £7.92 p/h
The Cardigan Centre is looking to recruit a Facilities Assistant/ Cleaner to help us in the delivery of our services to the public.
Reporting to the Facilities Coordinator your role will be:
• Carrying out essential cleaning duties, making sure that the centre is clean, tidy and welcoming
• Responsibility for opening up the building each day and arming and disarming the alarm.
• Setting up rooms with equipment and furniture to meet customer requirements
• Dealing with visitors and guests as the first point of contact
• Ensuring the health and safety of visitors, and security of the centre property
• Physically able enough to carry out cleaning tasks such as vacuuming stairs, setting up and taking down folding tables, sweeping and mopping floors
• Have basic IT skills such as sending and receiving email
• Have excellent customer service skills
• Experienced in handling cash
• An excellent timekeeper
• Able to follow Health & Safety procedures
• Committed to equal opportunities
Closing Date: Friday 6th July 2018
To apply, send your CV and covering letter detailing how you are a suitable candidate for the post based on the above person specification (person specification no more than 500 words) to:
The Cardigan Centre
145-149 Cardigan Road