1. Job Vacancy
Sessional – As and when required
NJC Scale 1, scp 8 – £7.92 per hour
We are looking to recruit a Sessional Facilities Assistant to help us in the delivery of our services to the public.
Reporting to the Facilities Coordinator your role will be:
• To support the operational management of the Cardigan Centre, by ensuring the safety, security and efficient operation of the centre and facilities whilst providing excellent customer service to users of the building.
• Ensuring the health and safety of visitors, and security of the centre property.
• Setting up rooms with equipment and furniture to meet customer requirements.
• Setting and un-setting burglar alarms and having responsibility for opening/ locking up the building.
• Undertaking minor repairs and gardening.
• Carrying out essential cleaning, before and after activities, and as required.
• The role will involve out of hours and weekend shifts.
Closing Date: 12 noon, 16th October 2017
For an application pack please contact:
Sadia Ali Hussain
Tel: 0113 275 9282
2. Job Vacancy
Cardigan Centre is looking to appoint a
SESSIONAL YOUTH WORKER
Rate of pay: £12 per hour plus 12.09% in lieu of holiday leave.
Main aims of the post:
Ensure that young people and service users are effectively supported in recognising and achieving their aspirations.
To effectively deliver the designated projects.
To assist in the effective development, delivery and sustainability of Cardigan Centre programmes.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Deliver designated projects to a consistently high standard.
• Develop positive working relationships, partnerships and joint working with service users and a range of providers and organisations.
• Carry out day to day administration of own work.
• Effectively support and, where required, line management of volunteers.
• Ensure quality standards and systems are adhered to.
• Implement Cardigan Centre policies, including Safeguarding and Health and Safety, to ensure the day to day protection of staff and service users and fulfil relevant legal obligations.
• Contribute positively to the Cardigan Centre meeting contractual obligations with external bodies.
• Promote a culture of learning within the team, projects and wider organisation
For information and an application pack please contact
145 – 149, Cardigan Road,
Leeds LS6 1LJ
Tel: 0113 275 9282
Deadline for applications: Deadline for applications: 12noon, Friday 10th November 2017
Interviews to take place: Thursday 16th November 2017