The Cardigan Centre has several vacancies we are currently recruiting for. See the information below for information and how to apply.
Community Learning Sessional Tutors
Background and Aims of Post
The Cardigan Centre is a provider of community based education for adults, we deliver throughout Leeds in different community centres, schools and other specialist services; we are seeking to appoint experienced and creative tutors to fulfil the education and training teams’ aim of improving the quality of life through education. We are looking for tutors who specialise in the following subjects only;
- Health and Social Care
- Numeracy and Literacy
Key Skills, Behavioural Attributes and Experience
- Experience of teaching adults in community based settings
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for subject specialism and for teaching and learning
- Ability to develop quality learning programmes to meet the needs of the learners and quality standards
- To motivate and encourage all learners, involving them in the planning process and maximising participation in all sessions
- Support learners to take up progression opportunities
- Use assessment tools to assess and record individual learners progress
- To follow centre policies around safeguarding, safe working, equality and quality assurance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in partnership with other centres, maintaining professional and productive relationships with colleagues at these centres
- To be able to carry out day to day administration of own work
Recognised teaching qualification Level 3 +
Relevant specialist qualifications and / or vocational experience in subject specialism
Rate of Pay / Hours
Teaching time is £19 per hour plus 12.09% in lieu of holiday leave. (Inc. prep time)
Staff development time (attending staff training, team meetings and supervisions) is £9 per hour plus 12.09% in lieu of holiday
How to Apply
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter (500 words maximum) outlining why you are a suitable candidate for the post based on the aims of the post, keys skills, attributes and relevant experience to Dan Farrell email@example.com
For more information please call 0113 275 9282 and ask for Dan.
Closing date: Thursday 16th August at 12 noon.
The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check.
Sessional Crèche Workers
Level 2 & 3 qualifications
Rate of pay: Level 3, £8.85 per hour, Level 2, £8.31 per hour
(+12.07% in lieu of holiday leave)
Hours of work: As and when required (each session minimum of 2 ¼ hours). School term time only.
The Cardigan Centre is looking to appoint Sessional Crèche Workers to support our Education and Training team in providing crèche for parents and carers who attend our adult learning courses and for our outsourced crèche service. Our crèche services are delivered in a range of community venues across the city.
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional crèche workers who are experienced in providing quality crèche for children and babies. Experience of childcare is crucial along with the ability to create a supportive and interactive creche experience. Willingness to deliver crèche from a range of different venues across the city is essential. At present we are looking for staff that can deliver in Cross gates/ Seacroft, Eastend Park, Farsley and Swinnow to support our service expansion.
Closing date: 17/08/2018
Interview date: 23/08/2018
For an application pack please contact:
Sadia Ali Hussain
Tel: 0113 275 9282
Short Term Sickness Cover
5 hours per week Saturdays 9.30am-2.30pm with overtime available.
Rate of pay £7.92 p/h
The Cardigan Centre is looking to recruit a Facilities Assistant/ Cleaner to help us in the delivery of our services to the public.
Reporting to the Facilities Coordinator your role will be:
- Carrying out essential cleaning duties, making sure that the centre is clean, tidy and welcoming
- Responsibility for opening up the building each day and arming and disarming the alarm.
- Setting up rooms with equipment and furniture to meet customer requirements
- Dealing with visitors and guests as the first point of contact
- Ensuring the health and safety of visitors, and security of the centre property
- Relevant experience
- Physically able enough to carry out cleaning tasks such as vacuuming stairs, setting up and taking down folding tables, sweeping and mopping floors
- Have basic IT skills such as sending and receiving email
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Experienced in handling cash
- An excellent timekeeper
- Able to follow Health & Safety procedures
- Committed to equal opportunities
Closing Date: Monday 23rd July 2018 Midday
For an application pack from please contact:
The Cardigan Centre
145-149 Cardigan Road
SERVICE DELIVERY WORKER
(Community and Youth Team)
Hours of work: As and when
Place of work: Various locations (Inner North West Leeds)
Rate of pay: £12 per hour plus 12.07% in lieu of holiday leave.
Main aims of the post:
Ensure that young people and service users are effectively supported in recognising and achieving their aspirations.
To effectively deliver the designated projects.
To assist in the effective development, delivery and sustainability of Cardigan Centre programmes.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Deliver designated projects to a consistently high standard.
• Develop positive working relationships, partnerships and joint working with service users and a range of providers and organisations.
• Carry out day to day administration of own work.
• Effectively support and, where required, line manage volunteers.
• Ensure quality standards and systems are adhered to.
• Implement Cardigan Centre policies, including Safeguarding and Health and Safety, to ensure the day to day protection of staff and service users and fulfil relevant legal obligations.
• Contribute positively to the Cardigan Centre meeting contractual obligations with external bodies.
• Promote a culture of learning within the team, projects and wider organisation
• Contribute to:
o Implementing plans through developing appropriate programmes, procuring resources, co-ordinating delivery of services, monitoring performance and evaluating impact.
o Monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of the project (quantitative and qualitative).
o The development and implementation of an annual service delivery plan and personal work plan for the area of responsibility
o Implementing effective operational policies including, customer care, service quality, equal opportunities, complaints and confidentiality
o Working with the board to ensure policies and procedures for safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults are in place
• Report in writing and verbally to Line Manager as required for funders, steering groups and directors.
Undertaking such other tasks as may from time to time be necessary and appropriate for the role of a Service Delivery Worker.
Rolling Recruitment no end date!
To apply, please contact Leon Corbett for an application form
The Cardigan Centre
145-149 Cardigan Road
Interviews will take place at a mutual time