Cooking and Health Tutor (Variable hours)
The Cardigan Centre is planning on delivering cooking and healthy eating courses for adult learners as part of our community learning provision. These courses will support learners to;
• Develop confidence in cookery and as learners.
• Develop their knowledge around nutrition and healthy eating.
• Support learners to acquire new skills and knowledge to prepare nutritious food on a budget that is suitable for them and their families.
It is expected that practical cookery will be taking place in most classes.
Aims of the post
To plan and teach adults in order to fulfil the education and training teams aims of improving the quality of life through education.
Key Skills, Behavioural Attributes and Experience
• Experience of teaching cooking and or health type programs in community settings
• Demonstrate enthusiasm for subject specialism and for teaching and learning
• Ability to develop quality learning programmes to meet the needs of the learners and quality standards
• To motivate and encourage all learners, involving them in the planning process and encouraging full participation in all sessions
• Support learners to take up progression opportunities
• Use assessment tools to measure and record individual learners progress
• To follow centre policies around safeguarding, safe working, equality and diversity and quality assurance.
• To be able to carry out day to day administration of own work
Recognised teaching qualification Level 3 +
Rate of Pay
Teaching time is £19 per hour plus 12.09% in lieu of holiday leave.
The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check.
How to Apply
To apply please send a CV and a cover letter (500 words maximum) outlining why you are a suitable candidate for the post based on the aims of the post, keys skills, attributes and experience to Dan Farrell firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please call 0113 275 9282 and ask for Dan.
Closing date: 20th December.